Veronika Dubrovskaya, MD
Gastroenterologist, Gotham Medical Associates
Veronika V. Dubrovskaya, M.D. is board certified in gastroenterology and internal medicine. She received her BA from the University of California San Diego and her medical degree from Virginia Commonwealth University in 2000. She completed her residency at Beth Israel Medical Center and her gastroenterology fellowship training at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital in 2008. During her fellowship in gastroenterology, she sought additional training in hepatology at Mount Sinai Hospital.
After the completion of her training, Dr. Dubrovskaya became an Assistant Professor of Medicine and the Director of Hepatology in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center. In addition, Dr. Dubrovskaya headed an esophageal and anorectal motility clinic during her five years there. From 2013-2014, Dr. Dubrovskaya served as the program director of the gastroenterology fellowship program at SUNY Downstate.
Her clinical interests span the entire breadth of gastroenterology and endoscopy, with a particular emphasis on the treatment of hepatitis and other disorders of the liver. She has a special interest in motility disorders and performs both esophageal manometry and anorectal manometry. In addition, she specializes in esophageal impedance / Bravo pH testing.
Dr. Dubrovskaya is a member of ASGE, ACG, AGA, AASLD, NYSGE, NYSGE and ANMS.
Education & Training
What insurances do you participate with?
Medicare, Oxford, United Healthcare, Aetna, Empire Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Cigna, Healthnet, Guardian, GHI, HIP, 1199, Magnacare.
Where will the procedures be performed?
Colonoscopies, upper endoscopies and sigmoidoscopies will be performed at Liberty Endoscopy Center.
Is your endoscopy facility an accredited facility?
The Liberty Endoscopy Center (LEC) is a state-of-the-art ambulatory endoscopy center (ASC), fully licensed by the New York State Department of Health, dedicated to providing high-quality healthcare service, patient care, and operational excellence. GMA’s gastroenterologists are fully credentialed to perform endoscopic procedures. The center aims to make each patient’s procedure as efficient and pleasant as possible by maintaining the personal attention of an office-based procedure while ensuring hospital level safety standards.
Do I need an escort for my procedure?
– If you are having a colonoscopy or an upper endoscopy, you must make arrangements to have a responsible adult escort you home from the center.
– An escort is also required for a sigmoidoscopy if you will be receiving sedation. If you are unable to have an escort meet you at the center, a private escort service is available (at your cost) to take you home anywhere within the five boroughs of New York City.
– The fee is $77 and does not include the cost of transportation. Please contact Partners in Care at 212-609-7700 (Option 2) and make sure to reference Liberty Endoscopy Center when you provide your credit card details.
– You will need to contact them at least 24 hours in advance of your procedure. You will not be able to undergo your procedure if you have not made arrangements to have an escort take you home from the center.
What should I bring to my first visit?
– If you are coming for a procedure (EGD, colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy), please review our Information for Patients Undergoing Procedures and also download and review the Liberty Endoscopy Center brochure (see Patient Forms page)
– If you are coming for a consultation, please print and fill out the New Patient Forms and bring them with you along with a referral from your primary care doctor if you have a HMO insurance plan
– A list of your current medications
– Insurance information and card
– Medical records from prior visits that you think may be helpful
What institutions are you affiliated with?
We are affiliated with Lenox Hill Hospital and NYU Langone Medical Center.
What is Liberty Endoscopy Center?
The Liberty Endoscopy Center (LEC) is a state-of-the-art ambulatory endoscopy center (ASC), fully licensed by the New York State Department of Health, dedicated to providing high-quality healthcare service, patient care, and operational excellence. GMA’s gastroenterologists are fully credentialed to perform endoscopic procedures.
Dr. Dubrovskaya currently accepts the following insurance plans:
- Empire Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- United Health Care
If your insurance is not listed above, please contact our office to inquire about other insurance companies we may participate with.
535 Fifth Avenue, Suite 611
New York, NY 10017
123 William Street, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10038